Virginia Housing Homeless Assistance Grant – 2021 Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic (FY22 Activity)
Since 1993, Virginia Housing has hosted the Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic in order to bring awareness to and raise funds for organizations working to end homelessness in Virginia. Funds from the Don Ritenour Charity Golf Classic make this grant available.
The intent of the Virginia Housing Homeless Assistance Grant is to fund organizations that primarily serve families and individuals experiencing homelessness, individuals fleeing domestic violence as described in the HEARTH Act, and provide emergency shelter and/or permanent supporting housing services. Grant funds should be used to supplement an organization’s program, not be the sole source of funding.
501(c)3 non-profit organizations and local governments are eligible.
The organization must be physically located in the Commonwealth of Virginia and must provide one of the following services:
- An emergency shelter serving individuals and/or families experiencing homelessness
- An emergency shelter serving victims fleeing domestic violence or human trafficking
- Rapid rehousing serving homeless individuals and/or families
- HUD-VASH, Grant and Per diem, or SSVF program serving homeless veterans
Approved organizations must comply with the Virginia Housing Homeless Assistance Program Handbook. Click the Handbook below for a detailed explanation of the scope of services allowed under this funding opportunity, disbursement and reporting requirements.
The period of performance for this funding opportunity is July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022.
Organizations seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using Virginia Housing’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Sue Armstrong, Strategic Housing Officer, at 804-343-5550.
- Program Goals
- Proposed Budget- Proposed budgets must be in the amount of $20,000.00. Awards are based on the availability of Virginia Housing funding.
- Agency authorized official certification
- Certification from Continuum of Care or Balance of State Local Planning Group lead agency
- Point-in-time Count
- Organizational Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Financial statements – an independent financial audit must be submitted with the application
- Travel policy
- Indirect cost rate documentation
|WebEx Presentation Application Overview||FY21 Homeless Assistance Guidelines & Application Process Date: Thursday, November 12th Time: 11:00 am Join meeting https://virginiahousing.webex.com/virginiahousing/j.php?MTID=m214832d9701f50e533cc3c62f40b3066|