The FY2019 CoC Consolidated Application, which consists of the CoC Collaborative Application and CoC Priority Listing Application, has been completed. […]
After reviewing project applications, the CoC’s funding priority list for the FY2019 NOFA Competition is complete. There were 3 applications […]
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development has released the FY 2019 Continuum of Care (CoC) Notice of Funding […]
Our Western CoC has two main sources of funding for homeless programs; The HUD CoC Program Competition that is submitted in the fall of the year, and the Virginia Homeless Solutions Program (VHSP) that helps fund local homeless services.
Collectively, these two programs fund:
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Emergency Shelter beds
- A Centralized Housing Intake System for housing referrals for persons who are homeless or in imminent danger of homelessness
- Rapid Rehousing projects for those who are literally homeless (in a shelter or living in places not-for-habitation)
- Prevention programs that help persons on the brink of homelessness with (limited) assistance in catching up on late payments.
- HOPWA funding for persons with AIDS/HIV
- A Homeless Management Information System to capture and report aggregate data for local, state and federal use.