The Best Practices committee is responsible for researching and implementing best practices for meeting the needs of people experiencing homelessness in the region – including prevention, affordable housing, rapid re-housing, and permanent supportive housing. This committee is charged with establishing a CoC coordinated assessment system, creating and implementing written standards for administering assistance, promoting regional cooperation, partnerships, and knowledge sharing, assessing regional training needs, and facilitating training opportunities.
- Create and review policies and procedures for Centralized Intake
- Create/identify a coordinated assessment tool for the CoC
- Identify data-driven best practices for ending homelessness
- Facilitate trainings for CoC participants on special topics pertaining to homelessness such as domestic violence, use of the HMIS database, VI-SPDAT, youth/LGBTQ+ homelessness, mental health and disabilities, veterans, etc.
Current Best Practices Committee members:
- Chair – Lynn Gray, Housing Services Program Manager, Northwestern Community Services Board
- Katie Furneisen, Certified Housing Counselor, Shenandoah Alliance for Shelter
- Robin Stevens, Services Coordinator, Choices of Page County
- Kristie Strong, Case Manager, Northwestern Community Services Board
- Rachel Hundley, Care Management Housing Coordinator, Healthy Community Health Center
If you’re a CoC participant interested in joining the committee, contact Lynn Gray at email@example.com.