The Compliance and Evaluation committee is responsible for ensuring that CoC and VHSP grantees are in compliance with federal and state guidelines for operation to maintain eligibility and funding. Activities include regular site visits to DHCD grantee agencies and review of financial and programmatic performance of DHCD and HUD grantees and applicants. The committee also establishes and executes a process to review and rank projects to be included in the HUD applications. Membership is adjusted as needed in response to the need for unbiased and impartial project application review and can include at-large members who represent entities affected by the CoC.
- Develop and maintain a standardized assessment process for CoC-funded programs
- Collect and track CAMS Remittance Reports and Quarterly Reports from VHSP grantees
- Collect and track LOCCS Reports from HUD grantees
- Rank CoC funding priorities
- Make funding recommendations to Executive Committee
- Complete site monitoring visits
Current Compliance and Evaluation Committee members:
- Chair – Sheila Orndorff, Executive Director, Shenandoah Alliance for Shelter
- Deputy Chair – Lisa Herbaugh, Children’s Program Coordinator, The Laurel Center
- Seli Perry, Director of Operations, Mercy House
- Katie Vance, Executive Director, AIDS Response Efforts
- Emily McCarty, Community Development & Grant Coordinator, Harrisonburg Redevelopment & Housing Authority
- Jacalyn S Lee, Housing Services Coordinator, CHOICES, Council on Domestic Violence for Page County, Inc.
Agency monitoring documents may be found here