The CoC funding decision for the FY2020-2022 VHSP Yearly Budget is now available for public comment from now until February […]
The 2018-2019 VHSP CoC Report portrays information concerning households served within the CoC from 2018 to 2019, broken down by […]
In preparation for the Virginia Homeless Solutions Program (VHSP) FY2020-2022 grant cycle, the Western Virginia Continuum of Care (CoC) is […]
Our Western CoC has two main sources of funding for homeless programs; The HUD CoC Program Competition that is submitted in the fall of the year, and the Virginia Homeless Solutions Program (VHSP) that helps fund local homeless services.
Collectively, these two programs fund:
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Emergency Shelter beds
- A Centralized Housing Intake System for housing referrals for persons who are homeless or in imminent danger of homelessness
- Rapid Rehousing projects for those who are literally homeless (in a shelter or living in places not-for-habitation)
- Prevention programs that help persons on the brink of homelessness with (limited) assistance in catching up on late payments.
- HOPWA funding for persons with AIDS/HIV
- A Homeless Management Information System to capture and report aggregate data for local, state and federal use.